Just Some Feysand Love






What I really live about Feyre and Rhys's love story is that it wasn't a cheap shot. It wasn’t a "choose who you love more" love triangle.


Even right down to their first meeting was intentional and had a story behind it. It wasn’t an "Oh yes, I met you by chance and now I'm in love with you" love story.


Rhys has loved Feyre for 3 years, even if she didn’t return the feelings at first. They got to actually know each other and became friends before mating. Rhys gave Feyre the safety and peace she needed to heal before they were officially together.


Feysand is honestly just the most awesome YA power couple that I've had the pleasure of reading about. There was always an explanation behind every one of their stories. Sarah didn’t write it as "I am the author, so what I say goes." No, she actually explained their relationship and made it believable with back stories and character development.


I just love them so much!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Just some added bonus material:


"But your final trial came, and… When she started torturing you, something snapped in a way I couldn’t explain, only that seeing you bleeding and screaming undid me. It broke me at last. And I knew as I picked up that knife to kill her… I knew right then what you were. I knew that you were my mate, and you were in love with another male, and had destroyed yourself to save him, and that… that I didn’t care. If you were going to die, I was going to die with you. I couldn’t stop thinking it over and over as you screamed, as I tried to kill her; you were my mate, my mate, my mate."
This whole passage and the entire chapter to be honest, undoes me and that line in particular, that he would die with her so she's not alone, so she's with her mate regardless of himself.

Similarly, Feyre said something very interesting which related to Rhy's thinking:

"Feyre," (Tamlin) said- softly enough that I faced him again. "Why?" He tilted his head to the side. "You dislike our kind on a good day. And after Andras…" Even in the darkened hallway, his usually bright eyes were shadowed. "So why?"

I took a step closer to him my blood- covered feet sticking to the rug. I glanced down the stairs to where I could still see the prone from of the faerie and the stumps of his wings. "Because I wouldn’t want to die alone," I said, and my voice wobbled as I looked at Tamlin again, forcing myself to meet his stare. "Because I'd want someone to hold my hand until the end, and awhile after that. That's something everyone deserves, human or faerie. "
Tamlin is told outright that Feyre doesn’t want to die alone, that she wants someone here holding her hand and taking her into the darkness, and when the time comes Under the Mountain to be with her as her neck is snapped, he doesn’t move a single inch. But her mate does. Rhysand has no idea Feyre would feel this way, yet he fights to die by her side so she isn't alone anyway. I think it's pretty spectacular of a contrast and also an illustration of how misguided Tamlin was/is.


Rhysand, you break my heart in all the best ways, love




(Topic from ACOMAF by Sarah J. Maas)



Comments